Please be aware of the Crew Checks Procedure devised to ensure compliance with the Crew Purchase Scheme. This procedure is for when Asset Protection conduct a search.
– The Captain and SCCM are the management representatives of BA throughout the procedure
– Checks will be made as soon as practicable after clearance of Customs & Immigration. Checks will be made as far away from public areas as possible. Checks will not be made at Crew hotels.
– You cannot refuse to be checked.
– The Captain and SCCM must be checked first, followed by the rest of the crew with the Captain and SCCM present.
– Body searches are NOT permitted. Crew cannot be compelled to submit to a body search or remove items of clothing other than outer coats and jackets.
If you experience any deviation from the above procedure please inform us as soon as possible.